What is the DMPTool?
The DMPTool was developed collaboratively by a group of universities and organizations to support researchers in meeting data management plan requirements. With the DMPTool, you can:
- Create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies. (View the full list of supported funders. Need to create a plan for a funder that's not on the list? Let us know!)
- Meet requirements for data management plans
- Get step-by-step instructions and guidance on data management planning
- Learn about resources and services available at UR to fulfill the data management requirements of your grants
How to use the DMPTool
- Go to the DMPTool site. Once you are there, you can log in using your NetID.
- Create a new plan by selecting the funding agency to which you plan to apply.
- The DMPTool will take you through creating a DMP step by step. At any point, you can save your work and come back to it later.
- When you have completed your plan, you can export it to plain or rich text: your DMP is ready to drop into the rest of your grant proposal.
For more detailed instructions, see the DMPTool Guide.
Get Help Writing Your DMP:
Online: Use the DMPTool to draft a DMP tailored to specific funders' requirements
In Person: Schedule a consultation with a librarian, or attend one of our upcoming workshops on Data Management Planning