What is the DMPTool?
The DMPTool was developed collaboratively by a group of universities and organizations to support researchers in meeting data management plan requirements. With the DMPTool, you can:
- Create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies. (View the full list of supported funders. Need to create a plan for a funder that's not on the list? Let us know!)
- Meet requirements for data management plans
- Get step-by-step instructions and guidance on data management planning
- Learn about resources and services available at UR to fulfill the data management requirements of your grants
How to use the DMPTool
- Go to the DMPTool site.
- Select 'University of Rochester' from the dropdown list, and log in using your NetID. (Don't know your NetID? Check here to find out if you have one, or here to register for one.
- Create a new plan by selecting the funding agency to which you plan to apply.
- The DMPTool will take you through creating a DMP step by step. At any point, you can save your work and come back to it later.
- When you have completed your plan, you can export it to plain or rich text: your DMP is ready to drop into the rest of your grant proposal.
For more detailed instructions, see the DMPTool Guide.
Get Help Writing Your DMP:
Online: Use the DMPTool to draft a DMP tailored to specific funders' requirements
In Person: Schedule a consultation with a librarian, or attend one of our upcoming workshops on Data Management Planning