- Organizes references, images, pdfs and other files in your personal EndNote database
- Imports citations from online databases that you have searched
- Creates and formats bibliographies automatically
- Free for UR students, faculty and staff
- May be installed on your own computer and on UR-owned computers
- Site license is maintained by River Campus Libraries
Supported Platforms and Current Versions
- EndNote X7.2.1 for Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8
- EndNote X7.2.1 for Mac OS X 10.6 and later
- Note: There is a known issue with Mac OS X 10.8.2. See the EndNote knowledgebase article for more details.
- Download EndNote here
- Complete system & hardware requirements found at http://www.endnote.com/en/requirements
Getting Help from EndNote
- Getting Started with EndNote guide is installed, usually on your C:drive, under Program Files/EndNote
- Detailed EndNote Guide providing assistance with advanced features is also available in your C: drive Program Files/EndNote/EndNoteX6WinHelp.pdf
- Help: EndNote provides an Online User Guide and a library of Video Tutorials on their website
- Downloads: EndNote provides connection files, import filters, templates and output styles on their website
- Software Updates: Software update patches will generally be posted on the Libraries EndNote Download site as soon as possible, but can also be found on the EndNote website here: http://endnote.com/downloads/available-updates
- Consult with the excellent EndNote troubleshooters in California at 1-800-336-4474
Getting Help from UR Librarians
- Download a copy of EndNote X6 Basics written expressly for University of Rochester users. For detailed or advanced help see the EndNoteX6WinHelp or MacHelp guide installed on your C: drive Program Files/EndNote.
- Note: An updated guide for EndNote X7 is forthcoming.
- For one-on-one basic help on the River Campus, contact Tyler Dzuba, (585) 275-7659 or Kathy McGowan (585) 275-9302
- For help at the Medical Center, "Ask A Librarian" at www.urmc.edu/miner/ask_librarian