POA Web Resources
- Astronomy -
9764Indexes, abstracts and preprints in astronomy, astrophysics, physics and arXiv e-prints.
- ARIBIB - ARI Bibliographical Database for Astronomical References
- Astronomical Almanac
- Astrophysics Data System - ADS Abstract Service
- Encyclopedia of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Encyclopedia of Optical Engineering
- NED - NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Center
- Nine Planets: Multimedia Tour of the Solar System
- Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme
- SIMBAD - (Set of Identifications, Measurements, and Bibliography for Astronomical Data)
- Sky & Telescope's Websites
- Space Science Telescope Institute Home Page
- Sun or Moonrise/Set Tables for One Year
- Optics -
6582Identifies journal articles and other literature on engineering, with some links to full text.
6628Full text of IEEE and IET journals, magazines, transactions and conference proceedings as well as active IEEE standards.
30561Access to technical papers in optics, photonics and imaging from SPIE journals and conference proceedings.
16073Patents and patent applications from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Has a thumbnail viewer for drawings.
- Encyclopedia of Optical Engineering - Dates: 2003 - current
Full text encyclopedia articles in all areas from astronomy to x-ray optics
- Knovel Optics & Photonics - E-books on optical engineering essential for engineers working with the modeling and design of optical components and systems. Provides technological background, guidelines, calculations and best practice information essential for engineers. After connecting select Optics & Photonics under Browse (All Content)
- Optical Society of America - The premier association for optics and photonics; career information, links to journals and conference proceedings and more
- Optipedia - Excerpts from SPIE Press books that define terms in optics and photonics.
- optics.org - Site sponsored by IOP. Optics and photonics resources including buyer's guide to more than 3000 companies, a patent database, employment opportunities, sources for optics standards and more.
- OpticsNotes.Com - Designed for engineers and students to quickly find resources, references, tutorial information about design, properties of light, components, manufacturing, applications as well as government and industry links.
- SPIE Web - WWW Virtual library for optical science and engineering.
- SPIEWorks - Career opportunities for optics professionals, company profiles and a technical library of more than 2.9 million citations and abstracts.
- UR Optics Tests - A few past optics exams provided by Tau Beta Pi.
- Physics -
- Einet (Galaxy) - Physics
- Yahoo Physics
- Resources in Physics - people, pathfinders, reference, institutions, professional Societies compiled by the Physics-Astronomy-Mathematics Division of the Special Libraries Association.
- WWW Virtual Library: Physics
6704Identifies and provides reviews of journal papers and book chapters in math and related disciplines, some with links to full text.
- AccessScience - Dates: Varies
The online version of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology
- CODATA (constants)
- CRC Handboo0k of Chemistry and Physics - Dates: current edition
Data for chemistry, physics, and engineering. Requires JAVA to view & manipulate tables.