Working Papers in Economics & Business
Business & Government Information Library
The following list provides links to Economics (and some Finance or Accounting) working papers websites. If the full papers are not available on the web, the site will usually tell you how to order a hardcopy (and this service is usually free). If the University of Rochester has printed copies of a paper series, the call number is provided.
|Jump to a section:|
- Brookings Institution papers and articles
- Business Working Paper Links - compiled by the Kopolow Business Library at Washington University. An excellent list of links for finding business working papers from over 400 institutions. Arranged by topic; indicates if full text is available online.
- California Institute of Technology Social Science Working Papers
- Carnegie Mellon University Graduate School of Industrial Administration
- Bernard Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (CEPA) working papers
- Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) - UR has access to online CEPR papers. All CEPR Discussion Papers published since the beginning of 1999 (i.e. from No. 2050) are available as electronic (PDF) files. UR has print copies for 1984-1999 at Rhees Stacks HC10 .D545.
- CESifo Working Papers (University of Munich Center for Economic Studies & Ifo Institute for Economic Research). Fulltext for most of 1998, complete 1999- ; abstracts for earlier papers. Copies can be ordered free of charge.
- Columbia University Economics Department
- Columbia University Paine Webber Series
- Cornell University Economics Department, Center for Analytic Economics (lists of working papers are available; copies sent free upon request)
- Darden School of Business (U. Virginia) via SSRN
- A searchable database of publications from all members is provided by: Fed In Print
- Board of Governors' Publications (all types). Note the Finance & Economics Discussion series and International Finance Discussion Papers are also available at Rhees Stacks HC110.I5 W6, 1985-.
- Atlanta - current, links to earlier years at bottom of page. Hardcopy in Rhees Stacks HC107.A13 W6.
- Boston. Rhees Stacks HG2613.B7 W6.
- Cleveland. Rhees Stacks HG2613.C64 F45 (1984-1995).
- Dallas. Rhees Stacks HC101 .F56 (1994-95).
- Minneapolis - many types of publications, including working papers (scroll down).
- Harvard Institute for Economic Research
Check also the Harvard Economics Dept. papers on SSRN - full-text may be available there and not at the dept. site.
- IDEAS - RePEc - The largest database of working papers (and other economic publications) on the web. Note: not all materials are full text, and, if you don't find what you're looking for, check the list of contributing institutions. If the paper you want came from a place not on the list, try going directly to their website. (For help finding websites, the Yahoo!Education section is a very useful way of finding university pages around the world.)
- IMF Working Papers
- IMF Staff Country Reports
- Institute for Research on Poverty (U. Wisconsin) Publications (Discussion Papers and more)
- Johns Hopkins Department of Economics (papers not available online can be ordered online, free)
- Levy Economics Institute of Bard College. Extensive collection of working papers, public policy briefs, strategic analysis, etc. Click on "Publications" in the top bar to see the whole list.
- London Business School
- London School of Economics
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Dept. of Economics Working Papers - Online at SSRN
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) - searchable database of all papers; our subscription provides access to all PDFs. Hardcopy up to July 2000 are located in Rhees Stacks: HB1.W62.
- New York University - C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics
- Northwestern University Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics & Management Discussion Papers
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Economics Department Working Papers
- Pennsylvania State University Economics Department - working paper list
- Princeton University Economics Department, Industrial Relations Section
- Princeton: Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs
- Queen's University Insitute for Economic Research
- Queen's University School of Business Research
- Rutgers - the State University of New Jersey Economics Department
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN) homepage. Working papers in accounting, economics, financial economics and more; full-text download in PDF format. Jump directly to the paper search interface: http://papers.ssrn.com/.
- Stanford University Department of Economics
- Stanford University Hoover Institution - note: their working papers are not online, and not listed anywhere as a separate publication. Talk to Business and Government Information Library staff for assistance if you need a Hoover Institution working paper. Other publications are indicated on the Hoover Institution Publications page.
- Stockholm School of Economics Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
- Universite Catholique de Louvain Center for Operations Research & Econometrics
- Universite de Montreal Departement de Sciences Economiques
- U. California at Berkeley Institute of Business & Economic Research (IBER)
- U. California, Los Angeles Economics Department (working paper series discontinued 2006)
- U. California San Diego Department of Economics
- U. Chicago Graduate School of Business Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP) downloadable papers are available via the Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
- U. Illinois at Urbana Champaign Institute of Labor & Industrial Relations
- U. Minnesota Center for Economic Research: 1971 - 2005; Minnesota Economic Research Reports 2007 -- present
- U. Minnesota: Economic Development Center A list of papers is online; hardcopies can be requested free.
- U. Pennsylvania Institute for Economic Research (PIER)
- U. Pennsylvania Weiss Center for International Financial Research
- U. Pennsylvania Wharton School Financial Institutions Center Working Papers
- Bradley Policy Research Center - Rhees Stacks HB1.A17mr
- Rochester Center for Economic Research (RCER) - papers 1996-present. Papers from 1999- have PDF versions available. Backfile lists: 1985-1990, and 1991-95. Copies of the current years' papers are available in the Business and Government Information Library; bound volumes of all papers, 1985- , are in Rhees level 300 stacks: H1.W63.
- Simon School Working Papers - Online at SSRN
- Simon: Computer and Information Systems - Rhees Stacks HB1.A17cis
- Simon: Financial Research and Policy Studies - Rhees Stacks HB1.A17fr
- Simon: Marketing Science - Rhees Stacks HB1.A17m
- Simon: Operations Management - Rhees Stacks HB1.A17op
- Simon: Shadow Open Market Committee (SOMC) Reports
- Other Simon School working paper series will also be found at the HB1.A17 call number area.
- Wallis Institute of Political Economy - Rhees Stacks H1 .W635
- U. of Western Ontario Economics Department
- U. Wisconsin, Madison Statistics Department Technical Reports
- W. E. Upjohn Institute Working Papers
- Wharton School Financial Institutions Center Working Papers (U. Pennsylvania).
- World Bank Research: document search interface. Note the links under the search box: you can also browse by Date, Topic, Region, or Type/Series.
- Yale U.: Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
- Yale U.: Cowles Foundation Papers. These papers are reprints; all appear as articles published in journals. The citation information to the journal is provided for each paper (they are not available online to download, due to copyright restrictions).
- Yale U. School of Management via SSRN