You can borrow laptops from the IT Center: http://tech.rochester.edu/services/multimedia-loans/
Printing, Computers, Software...
Wired connections for ResNet are located on the underside of the tables in the Messinger Periodical Reading Room on the 2nd floor of Rush Rhees Library, and at the IT Center on the ground floor of Rush Rhees Library. You will need to provide your own network cable.
Wireless access is available throughout the libraries. To use the network, follow the instructions on the IT Wireless page. To ensure complete access to all library resources, current students, faculty and staff should use either the UR_Connected or UR_RC_InternalSecure wireless networks. Visitors may use the UR_RC_Guest wireless network.
Electrical outlets for laptops are available in the following areas:
- Rush Rhees Q&i Area - underneath tabletops at columns
- Rush Rhees Patron Services Area - on the floor under tables
- Rush Rhees levels A & B - near study carrels
- Rush Rhees level 3 - underneath some tabletops
- Rush Rhees Great Hall - underneath tabletops and in the floor
- Gleason Library - on the floor and on some tables
- Business & Government Information Library
- Periodical Reading Room - underneath tabletops
- Physics, Optics, and Astronomy Library
- Carlson perimeter walls have outlets
- Carlson columns on each floor often have outlets
- Carlson 3rd floor in the floor near carrels
- Carlson 2nd floor in the recessed seating area along the atrium wall
Never leave your laptop unattended and unsecured for even a minute. Laptop locks may be borrowed from Rush Rhees Q&i and Carlson Q&i desks.
The University Community now has the ability to print to the River Campus Public Pay for Print system from their Windows or Macintosh personal computers. Software and directions can be found here: https://tech.rochester.edu/printing-tutorials/