Room Rental Reservations for Rush Rhees Library spaces can be made by any UR Department. Recognized student Organizations can reserve the Gamble Room and the Welles Brown Room only at no cost. Anyone from the University community can reserve rooms within the Carlson and Art/Music Library.
Below is information on how to reserve space at the following locations:
- Rush Rhees Library
- Carlson Science and Engineering Library
- Art/Music Library
NOTE: Your request does not guarantee a reservation. A Reservation Coordinator will send an email within 3 business days confirming your reservation or cancelling the request.
Reserving a Room in Rush Rhees Library
- Any UR department may rent Welles-Brown, Hawkins Carlson or Gamble
- Any authorized student representative for a recognized student organizations, may book the Welles-Brown and Gamble rooms for free, but cannot book Hawkins-Carlson.
If you have an account, to request a reservation follow these steps:
- Please go to EMS .
- Enter your email address in the box labeled “User Email”.
- Enter your password. (If you do not remember your password, or are not sure you have an account, please contact email@example.com for set up).
- Under My Reservation Template, select the Rush Rhees Library Request Book Now button.
Step 1: Rooms
- Enter Your Date/Recurrence information.
- Select Start and End Time.
- Either add the number of people for your meeting, or you can choose “I know which room I want”.
- Select your space by clicking on the blue circle with the plus sign in it.
- Click "Add Room" (you can add more than one room if you would like to book more than one space at that time).
- Click the "Next Step" Button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 2: Services
- Please select any services that you need from the available list.
- Click the “Next Step” Button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3: Reservation Details
- Enter Reservation Details information requested.
- After reading the terms and conditions, Check the "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions" box.
- Click the "Create Reservation" button.
Once you've completed these steps, you have submitted a reservation request. Your request does not guarantee a reservation. A Reservation Coordinator will send an email within 3 business days confirming your reservation or cancelling the request. Please note that during periods of high volume at the beginning of each semester, the response times may be delayed.
Reserving a Room in Carlson Library
Anyone within the University of Rochester community may use this option to reserve a room up to two weeks in advance for academic purposes. You must use your University of Rochester email address. You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation. Note: there is a two hour limit per day. Self-reservations are limited shortly before and during the first 3 weeks of each semester.
Reserving a Room in Art/Music Library
Anyone within the University of Rochester community may use this system to reserve a room for a maximum of 3 hours at a time up to two weeks ahead for academic purposes. Use your University of Rochester email. You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation.
Please be aware that if you make a reservation and do not show within the first 30 minutes, you forfeit the entire block of time. The rooms are in high demand and will be made available to the next waiting patron.
If you want to be able to book space at Rush Rhees Library and do not have an account, please contact the RCL Building and Projects office at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding spaces in the Carlson Science and Engineering Library, please contact: CarlsonWebRef@library.rochester.edu
For any questions regarding spaces in the Art/Music Library, please contact: email@example.com