RefWorks is an online program that helps you organize your references/citations. You can access it from anywhere, upload documents (such as articles or even your own paper), and search all your citations and attachments.
How do I keep my account after I graduate?
You can keep your RefWorks citations simply by creating an alumni account and transferring your citations into it. Click here for instructions. It’s best to do this before your NetID expires. Get in touch with us if you have any questions!
How do I get to RefWorks?
- Begin at the library’s home page here.
- Click on the Databases tab, then type “RefWorks” in the search box.
- You must register for RefWorks the first time you visit – it’s their way of setting aside some space for you in their computer.
- Please use VPN to access RefWorks off-campus.
- You will need to have RefWorks open in a browser window or tab if you want to import from a database or Voyager.
- If you use a popup blocker, you'll need to disable it temporarily, for RefWorks and any databases you're using.
Need some tips? Check out these easy cheat sheets:
Introduction to RefWorks from RefWorks itself
Questions? Please call or e-mail us!
Medical Center (Miner Library): 275-2487 or firstname.lastname@example.org
River Campus Libraries: 275-4471 or RefWorksUR@library.rochester.edu