What is it?
The Advisory Committee will keep the Dean, University of Rochester Libraries informed of the needs and concerns of faculty and students, represent the interests of the Libraries to faculty and students as well as to the Deans of the River Campus Schools, be informed about the strategic directions of the River Campus Libraries, and make appropriate recommendations on major issues and policies. The Dean, University of Rochester Libraries will present policy matters and major initiatives to the Advisory Committee and provide the Committee with appropriate information on library operations and services.
Who are the members?
- Vice Provost and Dean of University of Rochester Libraries (ex officio)
- Two faculty each from the Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, and Engineering to be nominated by Faculty Council
- Two faculty each from the Simon School of Business and the Warner School of Education nominated by the Deans
- Two undergraduate students nominated by the Students’ Association President
- Four graduate students, two from Arts, Sciences and Engineering, and one each from the Simon School of Business and the Warner School of Education
Terms of Office
- Faculty members will hold office for a minimum 2 year renewable term beginning in September.
- Student members will hold office for a one year renewable period beginning in September.
- Graduate students will hold a 2 year term, renewable.
- Undergraduates will hold a 1 year term.
- A Chair will be appointed by the Dean, University of Rochester Libraries for a one year renewable term.
- The Chair is the Committee’s representative to the River Campus Deans.
- The Secretary will be the Administrative Assistant of the Dean, River Campus Libraries.
- A quorum will be a majority of the members.
There will be a minimum of two meetings each in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Bai, Zhen - Computer Science
- Fay, Justin - Biology
- Jordan, Stu - Political Science
- Kleene, Steve - Mathematics
- Sharma, Gaurav - Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Sierra, Pablo - History
- Tucker, Jeff - English
- Wasley, Charlie
- Kawakyu-O’Connor, Nahoko - Educational Leadership & Policy
- McAdam, David - Counseling and Human Development
- Miller, David (Chair) - Center for Professional Development & Education Reform
- Bhattacharjee, Adrija - Class of 2024
- Gillespie, Morgan - Class of 2023
- Contento, Angela - Warner
- Delcourt, Steffi - English
- Lee, Jong Youl - Simon