The River Campus Libraries (RCL) is dedicated to ensuring access and inclusion for all patrons.
Services and Features
- Book retrieval is a service we perform upon request. Library staff in all RCL libraries will assist with the retrieval of books. Once you find the item you want using the main search box on the home page, select the "Get It" link for the item. You will need to log in, and when you click "Request" you can choose the pick up location you want.
- Wheelchair accessible study locations can be found throughout RCL.
- RCL sponsored public lectures and symposia include sign language interpretation when requested.
- We encourage library patrons to register with the Office of Disability Services. They are well equipped to answer questions and provide additional support.
- The iZone on the ground floor contains a lift to access the mezzanine level.
- The HathiTrust Print Disabilities service allows us to provide an accessible scanned PDF of in-copyright materials in HathiTrust for University of Rochester affiliated users. Instructions for use can be found here under “Accessibility.”
- All public computers use the built in accessibility features of Windows and macOS. Additional accessibility related software requirement needs should be directed to the Office of Disability Services
- New RCL renovations that contain AV include assisted listening features (IR). The iZone’s Kessler Forum as well as the Studio (G108A) and G108 classroom have installed IR transmitters.
If you have any accessibility concerns related to RCL that are not addressed above, please email your questions to Teddy Scheuerman.