Room Rental Reservations for Rush Rhees Library spaces can be made by any UR Department. Recognized student Organizations can reserve the Gamble Room and the Welles Brown Room only at no cost.
Below is information on how to reserve the following locations:
- Hawkins Carlson
Looking to reserve a different library space?
Who can reserve a room:
- Any UR department may rent Welles-Brown, Hawkins Carlson or Gamble
- Any authorized student representative for a recognized student organizations, may book the Welles-Brown and Gamble rooms for free, but cannot book Hawkins-Carlson.
If you have an account, to request a reservation follow these steps:
- Please go to EMS.
- Enter your email address in the box labeled “User Email”.
- Enter your password. (If you do not remember your password, or are not sure you have an account, please contact email@example.com).
- Under My Reservation Template, select the AS&E Staff and Faculty Event Request.
NOTE: Your request does not guarantee a reservation. A Reservation Coordinator will send an email within 3 business days confirming your reservation or cancelling the request.
Step 1: Rooms
- Enter Your Date/Recurrence information.
- Select Start and End Time.
- Either add the number of people for your meeting, or you can choose “I know which room I want”.
- Select your space by clicking on the blue circle with the plus sign in it.
- Click "Add Room" (you can add more than one room if you would like to book more than one space at that time).
- Click the "Next Step" Button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 2: Services
- Please select any services that you need from the available list.
- Click the “Next Step” Button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3: Reservation Details
- Enter Reservation Details information requested.
- After reading the terms and conditions, Check the "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions" box.
- Click the "Create Reservation" button.
Once you've completed these steps, you have submitted a reservation request. Your request does not guarantee a reservation. A Reservation Coordinator will send an email within 3 business days confirming your reservation or cancelling the request. Please note that during periods of high volume at the beginning of each semester, the response times may be delayed.
If you want to be able to book space at Rush Rhees Library and do not have an account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.